If You Buy Only One Eyeshadow...

My every day eye look is thick black liquid liner and lashings and lashings of mascara.  I tend to avoid the whole eyeshadow step, unless I need to look extra fancy and then it's just a quick blend of a little dark brown in my crease.  I guess it's because I end up looking like a glitter bomb every time I go all out, or worse, look like I've a black eye with every sexy-smokey-eye attempt!


That doesn't stop me lusting after all the eyeshadow palettes out there though and I do have a small and growing collection which consists of a few singles including one very big Sephora palette that has every single colour imaginable.  Which got me thinking, if I only had one shadow, what would it be and posed the staff at Mac with the same question.  I guess it was an easy enough question though as the staff went straight for
Satin Taupe and handed it to me with the utmost confidence.

Satin Taupe is a gorgeous purple brown with silver shimmer.  Though technically a cool shade, there are enough warm and cool tones in the shadow to make it universally flattering on all undertones.  I can't even begin to describe this shade on my own and on me, I can see hints of purple, brown, bronze, champagne, oh, forget it...it's gorgeous!  Though officially categorized by Mac as a Frost, don't let that scare you.  This is no overly sparkly shade and a more accurate label would actually be a Satin.   It has a beautiful butter like consistency (one of Mac's softest shadows!) which means that it applies and blends smoothly.  Gorgeous pigmentation too with little to no fallout.

It's a shade that you can wear on your own by sweeping it gently over the whole lid and intensified ever so slightly in the crease for a bit of depth, an effortless smokey look.  There's something about the way the light reflects off of the shadow, this one shade can do it all and fool others into thinking you've put a lot of thought (and products!) into achieving your eye look.  Goes beautifully with shades of brown and burgundy too if you want to warm up the eye a tad.  

Swatch of Mac Satin Taupe

The above swatch is without a primer.  Absolutely gorgeous right? I have oily lids, so without a primer this does fade a little with time, but nevertheless still a very long wearing shadow.  Satin Taupe retails at KD 7.500 here in Kuwait and it's part of their permanent line, yay!  A definite must have for any taupe lover and/or eyeshadow newbie. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.